Monday, February 20, 2017

Building The Shed From The Ground Up

With the floor joist frame in the basic spot that I wanted it to be, I put some flat blocks under the corners and in the middle all the way around the outside of the frame. Blocks were placed every other joist under the ones that ran across the middle.

Thinking back I would have done two things different here.
1) I would have checked the county codes for proper distance from the fence to the shed. While most people’s sheds were against their fence, I found out later that it had to be so many feet from the property line.
2) I would have put some gravel under the blocks because we lived in Florida where the ground is sandy and sinks alot.

After the whole frame was leveled with wooden shims between the blocks and joists the plywood was nailed to them. Being careful to stagger the pieces, I nailed the 3/4 inch plywood pieces every 12 inches onto the floor joists. Liquid nails was used on every board.

There, the floor looked pretty good. Oh, and I bought the plywood, nails and 2 X 4s at Home Depot. That was about all the cash that I put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment